Monday, May 7, 2012

Canada's Wonderland Unveils New Coaster



Word is spreading fast that Canada's Wonderland has released a new roller coaster. It's called the Leviathan. This would add to their current selection of 200 attractions, including side stalls and arcades. This isn't just any new roller coaster, this is breaking some records. It stands at 306 ft tall, with a top speed of 92 mph, making it the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Canada. It's also the first roller coaster by manufacturer Bolliger and Mabillard to exceed 300 ft. For years, Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain have been battling for the title of most thrill rides. Currently, Canada's Wonderland is tied in second place with Cedar Point, but it has the most roller coasters for a park outside of the United States.
I think it is great for Canada that they are moving up in an industry so relevant to today's cultural interests. With all the publicity Leviathan has gotten, the attendance for the park will only increase. And with yearly attendance rates at around 3 million per year, things are looking up for Canada's Wonderland. It was such an anticipated unveil that they had what is called a first rider auction. Sort of self explanatory, people from all around the world could bid to get to be some of the first people to ride the Leviathan. The highest bid was a single seat for $1,000. I would jump on the bandwagon and go to Canada's Wonderland, if only it wasn't 11 hours away.

14 comments:

  1. I would so ride that thing, I like things that go fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you think people travel around the world and pay so much money just to ride a rollercoaster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What roller coaster has the highest drop and top speed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog Nicky. Roller coasters are pretty cool. This blog provides lost of great and useful information for whenever I want to read about roller coasters (which is all the time) Thanks Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roller coasters! Out of all the ones you've been on, which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so afraid of Roller coasters. I have been on a few at Disney World. I don't think that I would travel around the world just to ride on a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta a fever and the cure is more cowbell

    ReplyDelete
  9. what's your favorite roller coaster? or one that you wish you could go on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go on the Kingda Ka to say that I have been on the tallest in the world

      Delete
  10. 11 hours away isn't that bad of a haul, summer is coming up. Road trip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That money could have fed so many starving families. I could have also been put towards building an amusement park not in Canada. I think we could use another amusement park

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds fun but I wouldn't pay $1,000 to go on it first.

    ReplyDelete